Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Welcome to My Journey!

This is not my first time keeping a weight loss blog, but it WILL be the first time I stick with it. I am tired of trying and failing, and therefore I have found the one and only solution: SUCCEED! I am Irish, which for those of you that aren't aware, that means I am stubborn. Very, very stubborn.

I have not decided the entirety of what I will be doing on this blog yet, but I will be keeping you up to date. You will know when I do. First off, though, I think I should introduce myself and give you a quick bit of info about myself. I am Katie. I am a 22 year old college student, majoring in Criminal Justice (yeah, an overweight girl picked a highly physical field. Irony at its best). I have battled weight for a few years now, however I thought I was battling it long ago, when I was actually a normal weight. I had it beat into me that I was fat back when I was healthy, and I guess after a long enough time of hearing it, I finally made it the truth. When you suffer depression you are even easier to convince of your flaws, even if they aren't there. Which brings me to a point - this is not merely about me losing weight for vanity, or even losing weight in general, this is about me being happy with the person I am. Getting there means being healthy. See where a big circle of doom can form there? Well I'm breaking the circle. For once this is all about me and only me.

Tomorrow I will be back with my weigh in and measurements, and hopefully an idea of what I am doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment